Volunteer Opportunities Volunteering is a great way to be a part of Anjali's work, and the valuable support that you help to provide for the children will be a memorable experience!
Volunteers are integral members of the Anjali team. We value the contribution of each volunteer who visits Anjali House, and we are grateful that each volunteer brings along a different set of skills and a different personality. The kids benefit from this diversity.
Anjali House is a Cambodian NGO, and all but one of our employees are Khmer. It is our goal to make our project sustainable by empowering and up skilling our Khmer staff. The volunteers that are of greatest value to the project are people who have skills, ideas or experience that they are willing to impart to the Khmer staff so the ball keeps rolling long after they depart. While the time a volunteer stays varies greatly, we have a 1-month minimum volunteering period. This is in order to maximise the benefits for the children and your own experience. Anything less and you are gone before you get to know them. In addition, to that, we ask each volunteer to make a USD $250 contribution to support the running costs of the volunteer program.
Volunteer responsibilities include:
- Assisting a Khmer teacher in English classes
- Planning and running daily workshop activities with a Khmer translator (art andcraft, games and activities and reading)
- Being responsible for preparing a General Studies lesson based on topicscovered in the English course (ideas to get you started are to be found in the comprehensive General Studies Handbook)
- Supervising the kids, monitoring their safety and administering basic first aid where required
- Acting as role models for our students by dressing and behaving appropriately(shoulders and knees must be covered)
- We ask the volunteers to work as a team, support each other and ensure theworkload is spread evenly
Anjali House FAQs
Interested in volunteering at Anjali House?
If you wish to apply, please fill in this application form and return it to
. Once approved, successful applicants will need to provide a scanned image of their passport, a police check from their country of residence and to abide by our strict Child Protection Policy. To help make the process of applying for a police check easier, please read this important information. Once you have submitted your application, you will be contacted informing you whether or not your application has been accepted. If you have further questions or enquiries regarding volunteering, please contact us via
Anjali House Child Protection Policy (PDF)
Anjali House Children's Rights Charter (PDF)
Volunteers who cannot commit to a month may like to contact our partner organisations Globalteer and CONcert, who work with a wide range of projects in Siem Reap and who are able to take volunteers for shorter durations. They also provide general information and advice about volunteering in Cambodia.